Voor de Nederlandstalige versie: Doctoraatsbeurs, Cognitieve en emotionele verwerking van informatie – 2020BAPFSWEF118
The Faculty of Social Sciences is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Departments of Training and Education Sciences and Communication Sciences for a
Doctoral Grant by the University Research Fund (BOF) in the area of the dynamic interplay between emotion and cognition when learning from texts.
The research groups Edubron and MIOS collaborate in the context of the Antwerp Social Lab on this project with the aim to investigate how the integration of narratives in didactic texts can optimize the processing of the information through the dynamic interplay of emotional and cognitive processes and thereby lead to desired learning outcomes.
- You prepare a doctoral thesis.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
- You contribute to teaching and research in the Faculty of Social Sciences
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in Training and Education Sciences, Communication Sciences, Social Sciences, Psychology,,Digital Humanities, Human Computer Interaction or related degrees.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Foreign candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You have a demonstrable interest in psychophysiological measures and eye-tracking and in advanced statistical research methodologies.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the start date of the scholarship will be between September 1st 2020 and October 1st 2020;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.373,36 to € 2.516,73;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 31 May 2020 and should include a copy of your CV, a publication or a copy of your master thesis and a cover letter.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place early July.
- More information about the online application form can be obtained from email@example.com.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact David Gijbels (firstname.lastname@example.org), prof. Karolien Poels (email@example.com) , prof. Piet Van den Bossche (firstname.lastname@example.org) or prof. Heidi Vandebosch (email@example.com)
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.