University of Antwerp
The Faculty of Social Sciences is seeking to fill a part-time or full-time (50 to 100%) vacancy in the Departments of Training and Education Sciences and Communication Sciences for a postdoctoral researcher (with a subsidy) in the area of the dynamic interplay between emotion and cognition when learning from texts.
- You conduct research in the field of the dynamic interplay between emotion and cognition when learning from texts (mainly for the project ‘A tale of two processes’).
- You assist in coordinating projects about the dynamic interplay between emotion and cognition when learning from texts in the Antwerp Social Lab in collaboration with the Edubron and MIOS research groups.
- You assist in supervising PhD students and supervise master theses in the Faculty of Social Sciences.
- Part of your job will be the organization and management of project applications and the search for external funding within the area of the dynamic interplay between emotion and cognition when learning from texts.
- You represent the Antwerp Social Lab and the research groups Edubron and MIOS both within the university and outside and provide support through the coordination of some service tasks.
Profile and requirements
- You hold (or will obtain before the starting date) a doctorate degree (PhD) in Training and Education Sciences, Communication Science, Psychology or another relevant field.
- You have publications on that are relevant for the field of the dynamic interplay between emotion and cognition when learning from texts
- You can demonstrate an ability to write project proposals and coordinate research.
- You have experience with psychophysiological measures, eye-tracking and advanced statistical research methodologies, and related software (e.g., iMotions, BIOPAC, Tobii Pro Lab, R).
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- You are fluent in academic English (speaking and writing).
What we offer
- We offer an appointment as a postdoctoral researcher for a period of 1 year, with a possibility of renewal (funding available for 4 years);
- The planned start date is 01/02/2021 or as soon as possible after that date.
- Your gross monthly salary is calculated according to the pay scale for a postdoctoral scholarship holder in the contract research staff category (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will do most of your work at the City Campus in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here.
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including January 5, 2021 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on ‘apply’, complete the online application form and don’t forget to include the following document(s): (1) a motivation letter and (2) your CV.
- The selection committee will review all applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Prof. dr. David Gijbels (email@example.com) and Prof. dr. Karolien Poels (Karolien.firstname.lastname@example.org)