Deadline: 8 july 2022
The CPUP is calling for applications for one Assistant Research Position to work at the Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences of the University of Porto (FPCEUP) for a six-year contract.
Detailed information here
Candidates should have a PhD in Psychology or related areas, and should develop their work within one or more of the CPUP Research Groups:
- Culture, Normativity and Diversity: Analyses social challenges of specific group demographics and contexts aiming to contribute to a more inclusive society;
- Development and Education: Focuses on child and adolescent development, learning, and wellbeing seeking to evaluate and build evidence-based or informed-based interventions for schools, parents and youth;
- Relationships, Change Processes and Wellbeing: Researches regulatory processes of individual and family adaptation/development, as well as psychological intervention and change, to improve wellbeing and health care systems;
- Neurocognition and Language: Uses behavioral and neuroscientific methods to better understand language, learning and cognitive processes, and develop science-based applications;
- Human Sexuality: Studies basic and applied dimensions of sexuality to inform evidence-based interventions and to promote sexual rights and well-being of all individuals
Who can apply?
The candidates are required to have:
- Experience of participation in research projects with competitive funding in the area of Psychology or similar and whose domain is framed in one or more of the CPUP research groups;
- Authored at least 10 international scientific articles published in psychology or related sciences in journals indexed in the Scopus/SJR and/or WoS/JCR (of which at least 5 in quartile 1 journals)
- (c) a minimum of 50 citations or an h index equal to or greater than 5 in accordance with Scopus and/or JCR;
- Solid research skills in Psychology, in quantitative and/or qualitative methods.
What does the funding cover?
The selected candidate will have a salary of 3.230,21 Euros per month (total of 14 monthly salaries per year) during a six-year contract.
The selected candidate may also apply for additional funding from FCT (Portuguese Science Foundation) or other National and International agencies to carry out scientific activities.
Small scientific activities or research related costs can also be covered by CPUP funding
How can I apply?
The application shall be accompanied by documents proving the conditions
- Copy of a PhD certificate or doctoral diploma;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Five publications considered more relevant by the candidate;
- Letter of motivation in English (up to 1000 words);
- Two letters of recommendation;
- Document in English (max. 2000 words) explaining how the scientific curricula of the candidate is aligned with the CPUP’s strategic plan (available on the CPUP website)
More information here
E. | firstname.lastname@example.org
Serviço de Comunicação e Imagem | Communication Office
Faculdade de Psicologia e de Ciências da Educação da Universidade do Porto
Faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences – University of Porto
Rua Alfredo Allen, 4200–135 Porto, Portugal
http://www.fpce.up.pt | email@example.com | (+351) 22 042 89 60